Thursday, 25 July 2013

Family Cast

Day #7 (25th July 2013) finally complete at 0141 the following morning... But let me tell you it's so worth it!

Although we did finish at 2145 many of the cast chose to go over the songs and their lines just to make sure we were truly prepared for run throughs and of course the performances! The Red Family Cast arrived today and is made of up of 150 volunteers, mainly real life families, who will join the core cast on stage to peform with us and add their testimony to the many one's already being born on stage.

They are split into districts of about 12-15 and us core cast members are assigned as district leaders, however we decided we didn't like the term leader so we changed it to district servant or district friend because we are as one with one another, and equally as important in our roles.

Meeting my families was amazing. We have two members of the work crew, and family of eight, a couple who came all the way from Barcelona and another young man who we haven't met yet. The testimonies of the young kids from the family of 8 - the Preston family - were beautiful and humbling to listen to as they explained why they came to the Pageant.

I know that the Lord has prepared each of my families in my district for The British Pageant and they all have a special purpose and reason for being here. I love them deeply already and I can't wait to grow closer to them - to help strengthen them and allow them to teach me just as much!

Rehearsals are continuing at a rapid and crazy pace. The schedule is intense! I am so humbled by the late hours our stage managers, our directors, our set designer, our work crews and so forth are working. It is truly a blessing to have the work here supported by such dedication and faith.

Tonight as a core cast we performed the whole show for the family cast and it was a blessing to finally have an audience. Their reaction was beautiful! I am so grateful that I can be viewed as a role model to others and a light of Christ's Gospel... It's a great responsibility and I know I have been prepared for this purpose. A scripture which completely describes my aim personally is as follows:

"When a man speaketh by the power of the Holy Ghost, the power of the Holy Ghost carrieth it unto the hearts of the children of men."

This is what it's all about! A love for the truth and a desire to share it by the power of the Holy Spirit.

I have attached a picture of the stage which is still unfinished but looks amazing regardless!

No comments:

Post a Comment